Ten pieces of wealth advice for female entrepreneurs and business leaders
Highlights from Nurture Network LIVE, November 2023…
Our inaugural women in business and entrepreneurship festival was jam-packed with advice for people looking to succeed in business and in life. Our workshop Making Money Matter was no different.
- Just because you didn’t grow up learning about finance doesn’t mean you can’t learn now.
- Prioritise your own investing and saving. So many of us don’t.
- If you want to create wealth, you have got to invest. Saving won’t do it.
- Start small. When you start to see a small amount grow, it will help to spur you on.
- Pensions are often a person’s first investment. Learn a bit more about yours.
- If you’re giving up part of your career to have children, talk to your partner about continuing your investments so you don’t fall behind.
- Buying shares in companies is easier than ever – there are a number of apps such as Freetrade
- Diversify your investments. They go up and down, if you diversify you won’t feel this as much.
- Make sure you pass any learnings to your children. Apps like GoHenry are a good start.
- Don’t be afraid of talking to friends and family about wealth. The more we talk the more we share insight.
The Nurture Network strives to connect underrepresented people with other people of influence who can share their stories, strengthen their leadership, and pave the way while bringing others along with them. Be the first to know about Nurture Network Live 2024 and join us in our movement to help create a more equitable society for all. And don’t forget you can find out more about the Nurture Network – email firstname.lastname@example.org or follow us on LinkedIn or Twitter @lemonquarters.